logo_pepino.png

GELATI PEPINO

Via Madonna del Ponte, 10 10051 Avigliana (TO)

Tel: 0039.9367615

Email: info@gelatipepino.it

Web-Site: www.gelatipepino.it


Our story starts in 1884 when Domenico Pepino owner of a small gelateria in Naples, decides to move north, in Turin, together with his tools and expertise to take on a new adventure: bring his gelato to the Savoy Court,  at the time almost unheard of in Turin. Despite an initial difficult period in convincing the aristocracy of Piedmont, Domenico Pepino soon managed to expand his business thus  becoming  Supplier to the Royal House. On June 17th 1916 the company was taken over by Mr. Cavagnino and his father in law, Mr. Feletti, already well-known entrepreneur in the confectionery sector. Together, they soon launched new formats and flavours , giving greater boost to the activity by creating a new production workshop and for the first time, by using "dry ice" to transport ice cream on long journeys hence allowing them to convey their products throughout Italy and Europe. In 1939, after years of studies and tests, they created the Pinguino (with regular patent no. 58033), the first coated gelato on a stick whose success was so widespread that still today remains the most imitated Gelato in the world. Since 2008 the brand Pepino has been managed by Edoardo Cavagnino, young entrepreneur who was able to give back momentum and enthusiasm to the company, according to the criteria of Italian spirit, Originality, Story and Design.